Paid Search is vital to any online marketing campaign. By working with companies like Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo, you can engage potential customers at an unprecedented level. This is the fastest growing advertising industry and supplant traditional advertising in the coming years. By knowing how to utilize paid search techniques including long-tail and hyperlocal optimization, I have helped companies of all sizes reach their marketing goals.
6 Advantages of Paid Search Advertising
- Qualified Traffic – Paid Search is typically an automatic qualifier for visitors to your site. With a well defined ad that is targeting proper keywords landing on a great landing page, you can almost guarantee that your traffic is qualified. This will in turn drive higher conversions.
- Low Cost – Pay Per Click or PPC marketing has been very well documented as one of the lowest cost forms of advertising. We have seen the barrier as low as $300.00 per month to start advertising online.
- Targeted Ads – This plays very well with number one. You can target your advertising at a granular level. You can set certain demographics, locations, dates, or even change your copy for a special occasion, holiday, or event. These ads can be changed at anytime, to deliver any message.
- Flexibility – PPC advertising is the epitome of flexibility. From budget restrictions or increases, to custom messaging, or holiday vacations, online advertising allows small businesses the flexibility to avoid high costs while maintaining a good ROI.
- Message Control – Paid Search allows the advertiser unprecedented control over online messaging. Using PPC you can control online reputation management and make adjustments to insure that potential customers see the best aspects of your business.
- Measurable ROI – Most importantly, Paid Search provides a measurable ROI. In a few easy steps, you can quantify and measure your Paid Search campaigns through the buying funnel from inception to completion. This granular data will allow you to understand exactly where your ad dollars are going and help you insure you’re meeting your bottom line.
I think the most important aspects of online marketing can be shown by Google’s Chief Economist Hal Varian.